Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it wrong to get a Tattoo of the hand of ulster?

My origin is from northern Ireland, I am Scots-Irish and i have been attempting to create tattoo designs that incorporate my ancestry. However i have been told several times that the hand of ulster represents a severe prejudice and strongly promotes conflicts that have occurred within the area. The coat of arms also contains the hand of ulster. I just want to find a way to create a tattoo that can pay tribute to my heritage without advocating the horrible actions that took place within the area. If there is anyone that can let me know the boundaries and give me ideas of how to work around this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Again all i want to do is have a tattoo that pays respect to the people of Scots-Irish decent. I intend in now way of having the tattoo be symbolic of political intentions of either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment