Wednesday, August 17, 2011

NVidia Driver problems, which one would be better??

I own an nVidia 7800 GS (AGP) model. I know my system is dated, but, i do not have the money to upgrade, so, I need to get the most out of what i have now. I have an AMD +2800 athlon XP proc, 2 gigs ram, and 240 gigs of hd space. The ram is some stock ram, mixed with a stick from pny, nothing fancy. Anyway, i have the card overclocked barely, to something like 438/704. My 3dmark05 score was around 5600, and my 03 score was @ 11K. Both good scores, i think. I am using forceware version 94.24 from 04/07. I tried using the very latest one from Nov. 07, but i lost like 4000 points on my 3dmark 03 score, so i switched back. TBH, i never tried it on real applications, i just benchmarked, got worried, and switched back. so, any tips or suggestions? Is there a better (newer OR older driver) available for my setup? And i know i should upgrade, i just cant afford it right now. If i were to do anything, it could only be upgrading the processor within the same socket style, so i wouldnt have to change anything else... Anyways, any help would be appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment